Do you want to do research into one of the archives that are deposited with us? Here’s how it works.
If you want to search any of the archives that are deposited with us, you first have to contact our service desk, Bild- och Faktasök, and describe what you’re looking for. We need to know who you are, what type of material you’re looking for and the purpose of your research. We will then make an initial evaluation to see if any material that is relevant to your request are with us. We also apply for permission, on your behalf, with the company or organization that owns the deposited material. After they’ve approved the request, we can set up a time for you to come visit us.
If you are unable to come visit us, we can do research for you. Permission from the depositing organization is needed for this too and we’ll secure it for you. We charge 900 SEK/hour for each started hour of research, and for digitizing mateiral. We will also take on larger research- and digitizing assignments.
Good to know:
- A permission from the depositing company is needed at all stages. We will ask for that permission.
- You have to book an appointment to come visit, we are unable to handle drop-in visits.
- Archive material can only be read in our reading room.
- For material that we brought out for you, you are responsible for maintaining their quality and order.
- If you want to make copies, that can be arranged for a fee on site. Please note we can only accept cash or Swish-payments, not credit cards.
- Jackets and coats and bags are left at the entrance, where there are key lockers at your disposal. You may bring computer, note pad, pen, camera, phone and similar with you to the reading room.
- Food and drink is not allowed in the reading room. There is a pentry nearby with fridge and microwave.
- We’d love to read your research results, down the line. We are happy if you reference material from our archives as “From (company name)’s archive at the Centre for Business History in Stockholm”.
- Digitizing: Price given on request.
These are the archives we manage.